“A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.”— Laozi, (Taoist philosopher, China, 4th Century B.C.)
Welcome to TakeWING — The First Step of Your Journey Begins Here!
TakeWING is the leading Cessna Pilot Center and aviation club in Eugene, Springfield, and Lane County. If you are considering learning to fly and don’t know how or where how to begin, or you are already a pilot, you’ve come to the right place. We offer inital pilot training (sport and private), flight reviews, instrument training, and G1000 (glass panel display) training.
Choose your flight school wisely, don't be fooled by "independent" flight instructors or schools offering "best-rate" plans and block-time discounts which may sound attractive but require you to pay more for your own insurance or use part-time flight instructors who are not fully involved and committed to your training.
Why Choose Quality? Because your investment goes farther!
View this Cessna video to see why others learn to fly at a Cessna Pilot Center.
TakeWING is the leading Cessna Pilot Center and largest Sport Pilot training center in the Southern Willamette Valley!
Learning to fly is a life fulfilling educational investment — TakeWING helps your investment go farther because:
- Using our RedBird FMX FULL MOTION flight simulator you won't experience gaps in your training due to weather or aircraft mechanical delays. You can practice in it anytime and fly it solo without your instructor!
- Cessna's online training course enhances your learning experience incorporating videos and lesson previews so you can prepared and review for each session.
- Flight instruction is One-on-One (one student / one instructor) and tailored to your life's schedule.
- Small is BIG—Yes, we do operate out of a smaller "non-towered" airport near Eugene. That's so we can get you in the air and learning quickly with less of your money spent in "taxi time." But don't be fooled by the small airport size, Creswell Airport is actually one of the busiest non-towered airports in Oregon. And, since we are just a short hop away from the Eugene Airport, you'll be learning to talk confidently over the radio to ATC sooner than you think!
- We teach using realistic scenario based training methods. This FAA approved method integrates skills training with aeronautical decision making and risk management training. By embedding carefully crafted, realistic events into each training session, you learn to become a safer pilot.
- Our on-line scheduling system allows you to schedule aircraft and instructors 24/7. You can easily adjust lesson times to work with your work or school schedules.
- We have been in business since 1994. Our VERY experienced career flight instructors will work with YOUR busy schedule.(click here for more about us)
- Your safety is always our concern. You are insured in TakeWING aircraft for rental and student pilot operations (liability and damage) and all TakeWING aircraft are maintained by FAA certified mechanics.
Our pilot adventurers share their recent milestones.
CONGRATUATIONS TO: Stephen McGirr, Solo(12/7/12) and Doug McGirr (16 year old son of Stephen), Solo(12/1/12) , and to Jeff Whiteley and Grace Mikolyski New Private Pilots, and Greg Haines and Casey Barkan—First Solos!